Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Dan has been permanently traumatized. Despite all his helpfulness as a Daddy, diapers have never been his thing. An event this morning has now left me in charge of all diapers for the rest of Alli's life, as well as the diaper phase of any other child we may have in the future.


Alli has recently started eating solids, therefore the diaper findings have changed. She had the blowout of all blowouts this morning. I thought for a minute Dan was going to blow (chunks)! He is convinced it is a diaper problem. He's positive we are buying the wrong brand or the fit is wrong or something is WRONG! I'm sure everyone has their share of messy poop stories. Has anyone found the perfect diaper?

Rice cereal anyone?

3 comments:

Kate said...

I don't think there is a perfect diaper, but we love huggies! However, sometimes there is nothing a person can do to keep it all contained. Fischer is now eating lots of different stuff and it is never pretty! Tell Dan to just hang in there...Chris doesn't like diaper duty either.

Amy said...

That's totally a guy thing-- blame it on the diaper!! Jerm says the same exact thing. I think diaper changing becomes a higher art form that guys just need more practice at. Tell Dan it'll help his clinical skills if he can master it. :) Great pictures, I'm so glad we'll be able to keep up with you this way!

Shelly said...

Amy, funny you mention the whole clinical skills. He can debride the nastiest diabetic foot ulcers and not even wince. But when it comes to poop...he gags and groans.