Monday, May 26, 2008

Been delayed by moving across the country

We've been preoccupied by boxes lately. Sorry for no recent posts. As you can probably know, we lost Boone the day before we moved. Just stress upon stress. With heavy hearts, we made the 2 day trip to Pittsburgh in a 26 ft (or maybe it was 26,000 pound) truck towing the car behind. It was pretty slow going since the truck only moves about 60 mph when it is filled to the top with all our worldly possessions. We arrived in Pittsburgh safely and closed without a hitch. We got the truck unpacked on the only sunny day we had seen in weeks, only to experience the dreary rain of Pittsburgh for the following week of unpacking.

We arrived back in Des Moines last week for the hoopla associated with graduation. The rain followed us here and made for more dreariness. Dan graduated on Saturday. It was a wonderful finale to a long hard haul. We also made it a little family reunion. Dan's parents and brother drove out, as well as my Mom, sister and 4 nephews and niece. It was great to see everyone although our time together seemed so short. Dave, Dan and Coley turned any spare time into a golfing marathon fitting in 80 holes of golf despite the rain. We had a great time in all.

We are headed back to our new home tomorrow with our boxes to greet us. Alli turns 2 on Thursday, I start work of Friday and Dan has ANOTHER set of board exams to take next week. Ugh!! It never ends! Hopefully, it will settle down after that. We are ready for that.

I will post pics once I get home.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Lots on your plate. Good luck! Can't wait to "see"!

Sorry to hear about Boone.

Shannon Nevin said...

Shelly, I didn't realize you lost Boone. I'm sorry!