Thursday, June 19, 2008

Better late than never.

I couldn't bear the thought of not having home grown tomatoes this summer. So, even though I planted it all about a month late, here is my little garden. I have a larger bed in the back of our property, but the soil is rock hard and needed some serious amending. This was all I could manage to get ready for this season. I planted 4 varieties of tomatoes, a bell pepper and green pepper plant, basil, cilantro, thyme and rosemary.

Here is my garden assistant.
She is stopping to smell the roses. Lucky for us, there are a few rose bushes planted around the house.
This is a nice rose bush in the front of the house. I love the red flowers greeting me as I arrive home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sit back and smell the Roses!
Doesn't that sound wonderful? If only we could be a kid again. Where all the little things at the moment are a crises and as we grow, we learn that the little things will pass and we will be on to bigger & better things.
Mom's are amazing people! They find inter strength, that can only come with the instinct of Motherhood. In power yourself with positive thinking. Yes I can-Yes I can-Yes I can--

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty roses - Remember to stop and smell them when you go in the house !! Tell Dan to stop and smell them, when he gets to come home.
And remember, you do have to stop when things are tough- and smell the roses.