***WARNING. THIS POST CONTAINS EXCESSIVE WHINING AND COMPLAINING.***
I normally try to keep a pretty positive attitude, but this week is dragging it down. To start, it is July 1st. That date, to most people, signifies that summer is in full swing and the long holiday weekend is nearing. For us, it is the start to a very long three years. Dan officially started his residency today, leaving the house around 4:30 am this morning. He starts off with the honor of being on-call tonight, which means he stays in the hospital, will probably not get to sleep and is not allowed to come home. We won't see him again until tomorrow night. Rumor has it, he will work 100+ hour weeks for the first few months. All of this after a sleepless night due to a feverish crying little girl, who has the highly contagious, viral (so not a thing you can do about it other than ride it out) Hand-Foot-Mouth illness.
So, while my husband is getting the finest education in foot and ankle surgery on the 15 minutes of quality sleep he got last night, I am home with the ill child. This "day off" comes without pay, since I have no vacation time built up at work yet. This follows the initial impression I made of being the new PA who arrives on the job one month ago to reveal that she is pregnant (due in December) and will need to take maternity leave.
I have a basket full of lemons and need some new lemonade making skills
5 comments:
PLUS . . . you live in Pittsburgh.
I am sorry. That was unkind. My heart goes out to you guys. Hopefully you guys will get into a rhythm soon.
How are you feeling preggo-wise?
Well call me so you can whine in person! ;) Seriously, I'd love to catch up with your new life!
Well, I think you have a beautiful little girl and have a beautiful home! Hopefully it will all get better! Remember it is the little moments that count- so try to make the most of the times you have together. I have spent a lot of time (weeks) away from my husband- and we work opposite shifts- I go to bed alone four nights a week! so I understand! I am sure your dear hubby would rather be with you! Congrats on your news! I love checking in on you! So glad Kate got us hooked on this blogging! Happy 4th of July!
Glad to hear everyone's feeling better, we've had a bit of the yuks this week too. Take care!
Coxsackie A virus is a b*%ch isn't it?
gainesolez
Post a Comment