Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's a GIRL!

Sidney Renae arrived at 5pm on November 28. She measured 20 inches and weighed 7 pounds, 1 ounce.




We both feel great and were able to go home the next day.

She folded her hands like this within a minute of being born. I like to think she is thanking God for getting her through THAT experience quickly.

Proud parents of TWO girls. I guess there were not meant to be any boys on Dan's side of the family.
Alli is taking to the big sister role really well...so far.




7 comments:

Shannon Nevin said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!... I'm so excited for you guys. Hey - and don't be too quick to say, "Dan wasn't meant to have boys on his side." I had a garage sale and sold all of our baby stuff after my two boys born because we were DONE. (little did I know I was probably pregnant with my little girl during that infamous garage sale) At any rate - you all look marvelous - Sidney Renae is a beautiful name.

Anonymous said...

Alli, You are such a Good Big Sister!
Mommy and Daddy will need lots of help from you.
Sidney, you are a very pretty baby and we are all so glad that you are here !!!
**Congratulations Mom and Dad **

Much Love

Matthew, Meghan, Madeline, & Marabelle said...

CONGRATS! We are so excited for you all! Sidney is absolutely adorable and already looks like she is fitting in very well as a little sister. What a wonderful thing to be thankful for around the Thanksgiving holiday!

Allison said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. I almost texted today to see if we could come by the hospital, can't believe you got home so early! I'm glad you are all doing well and hopefully you will continue to get lots of sleep. I'll talk to you later in the week. We want to bring you dinner. :) Congratulations again.

Reluctant Kerry said...

YAY! Pictures. I love the clasped hands. Such a handsome family!

grmasusie said...

Congratulations from Grma Susie! You did a fine job! A cute name for a cute little girl.

Lisa said...

She is gorgeous! I love the name! How did you decide on Sidney Renae? Enjoy every moment! Take lots of pictures! We are so happy for your family!