Saturday, May 9, 2009

What is up with us? So nice of you to ask.

It is Spring in Pittsburgh and we are so happy about that. Being able to get outside without layers of clothing has been quite a treat! The girls are growing like weeds. Sidney is 5+ months and Alli will be 3 later this month. Can't believe it myself! Sidney sprouted some teeth last month and is trying really hard to roll over. She has discovered her voice and likes to "talk" at the top of her lungs. She is very easy going and sweet, just like Alli was as a baby. We are so fortunate to have two easy kids.
Alli is a busy body, as all almost-3 year olds are. She is finally potty trained and we are very happy to only be buying diapers for one kid now. She is very excited about her upcoming birthday and asks when it is everyday. She is a singer, a dancer and is all girl. If she could be a princess, life would be perfect for her.
Dan is busy with work as usual. He has nearly completed his first year of residency, which means he will no longer be low man on the todem pole. Hopefully his hours will be better this upcoming academic year, but I suspect not. He has managed to squeeze in a few rounds of golf here and there. He enjoyed a "golfing marathon" with his Dad last month. We enjoyed having Dave visit Pittsburgh and he acquired a new admirer. Alli just loved having her Grandpa here and bonded with him immediately. I think Alli and her cousin Maddie, who is also very fond of Grandpa Dave, are going to fight for his attention when we visit Wyoming in June!
Yes, we are making our first trip back out West since we became 'Burghers' one year ago. I can't believe we have been here that long already. We will be in Colorado/Wyoming during the first week of June. We hope to do some fishing, golfing and lots of visiting.
I am crazy busy at work and maintaining order (if you can really call it that) in our home. Somewhere in there I found a little time to run and prepare for the Pittsburgh Marathon. Don't get too impressed, I ran on a relay team and was only responsible for 8 of the 26 miles. It was a fun event and I hope to do some more races this year.
That is the quick and dirty on us. I'll post more pics soon!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Oh, I am impressed. 8 miles 5 months after a baby. I'm really impressed. I think I would have to have a hungry animal pursuing me to run 8 miles ever...

Matthew, Meghan, Madeline, & Marabelle said...

Hey Lady! It's been too long! Congrats on the Relay Team! I did the 1/2 marathon. Matt ran it, too. I am surprised we didn't see you - well, actually not-there were thousands of people. HA! How was your trip back West? The kids are looking beautiful as ever!

Shannon Nevin said...

I wish I could get my fat butt to run 4 miles - - - and I had my last kid 4 years ago! Good job! I love the update and pictures.