Monday, August 16, 2010

For Amy

So much to catch up on! I can't believe I haven't blogged ANYTHING since February! I also haven't cleaned any toilets in my house since then either...just kidding. Joking aside, we have been very busy...as usual. I'm getting really tired of using that excuse for everything that I put off. Hopefully that will be coming to an end soon. Dan will finish his residency in less than 1 year! WooHoo! July of 2011 we will close the chapter here in Pittsburgh and move on somewhere else. Where you ask? Well...I don't want to speak too soon, but we will hopefully be moving West. I'll leave it at that.

Dan was chosen for "Chief Resident" this year, which may look good on a resume, but in reality, it means he spends more time at work being a "Mom", making sure all the work is being done, all the residents are where they are supposed to be and doing it himself when needed. So we see less of him. :( On the brightside, job hunting has been fun and has provided a little glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

Alli is now 4 and Sidney is something like 20 months now. They are healthy, growing and happy, although they whine alot, but what kid doesn't at this age. The little Mommy in Alli is really coming out. She is constantly herding Sidney around, tending to her needs and telling on her when she is naughty. Sidney is becoming very independent, doing lots of things on her own and in her own way and on her own terms. She is much more determined than Alli was at this age. Each of them has so much spark and spunk and as with all girls, lots of drama.

I'm busy and overwhelmed most of the time. I really just need an assistant...and a chef...a housekeeper...and a vacation by myself. I know all Moms feel this way, I am no different. I am still working full time doing Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant. I love it and now feel like I really have a handle on it...just in time to leave and find another job. Story of my life. Anyway, outside of work, I have a garden full of tomatoes and really enjoy my time spent creating fresh foods. I will be sad to see summer go.

August 2010



Sidney. August 2010







Alli. August 2010



Cousin Rebeka, Alli & Sidney. July 2010



Carey & Shelly at DHS 20th reunion. July 2010 Yes, I am THAT old.



D & S. July 2010



Dan, Alli & Sally. 3 generations. July 2010



Alli's first backyard campout. June 2010



Dan & co-residents. See that guy with the white hair in the middle, next to Dan? The one wearing the dark green t-shirt. He is the evil one. The one that is at the top of my s*$t list right now. The one that single handedly makes each and everyone of those other guy's life hell. I won't mention names. Just sayin'.



Shelly, Allison & Heather. June 2010 Just a few of the Foot & Ankle Widows Club members.



Pirates Nic & Dan. June 2010. This was for Alli's Pirates & Princesses themed birthday party. The kids pics were all typical bday party pics, but this gem of a photo is priceless and is potential blackmail material. Arrrgghh!



Alli & Sidney in Gettysburg. June 2010.



D & A. June 2010.



S, A & S. June 2010.



D & S napping at the beach. June 2010.



Alli playing at beach. June 2010.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hooray! Very good post. Almost worth the wait, except not really.

Glad to see all your smiling faces! And happy that your years of extreme busyness are coming to a close! Do you know what you'll do when you keep normal hours? Out west sounds good, we'd get to see you a little anyway!

The girls are so big, love the curls on A! S looks like a little cutie pie. Glad you're getting some family leisure time in and that you have support from other widows! Good job to Dan for getting thru and being "Chief"!

Take care and keep in touch!

The Rancher's Wife Kate said...

Thanks for the update. I loved seeing all of the pictures of your girls. They are getting so big! Hope to see you soon.