"Our time in Pittsburgh is nearly over. It has gone quickly in many aspects, yet the long days of the everyday life seemed to have dragged on making it seem like this day would never come. The movers are here packing up our belongings. Tomorrow they will be loaded on a truck and driven across the country. We have a few more goodbyes to say, then we, ourselves will drive across the country.
Although I am looking forward to our life in colorado, I cannot help but be sentimental about leaving Pittsburgh. I have made some wonderful friends here and will miss them dearly. Despite the chaos and frustration that consumed me at times with my job at Allegheny General Hospital, I will miss the very special patients and the overall sense of teamwork for the greater good when our patients sucessfully get through their heart transplant or survive when all odds are against them. I will miss the goodness of the people and the lush beauty of all the trees in Western Pennsylvania. And I will miss being referred to as yinz.
I will not miss the windy narrow poorly marked streets with potholes everywhere. I will not miss the gray gloomy sky or hearing "here we go steelers". Nor will i miss french fries on my salad or fried eggs on my sandwiches."
Nearly a year has past. A year. I thought it would take a year to get settled here in Colorado and feel like we are finally home. It is starting to feel like home. Our house is certainly dirty enough to feel and look like a lived in home. We are settled in our jobs and kids are settled in their schools, but it doesn't feel like home yet. I'm lacking relationships and a sense of community. I still get sad when I think about leaving Pittsburgh because I had those things there. I know I will have them here too. It just takes more time. Perhaps another year.
No comments:
Post a Comment