
After months of hem-hawing whether or not to tear out the perma-dingy carpet in our living room, we finally just did got rid of it. The final straw was the grime covering Alli's bottom from scooting around on the carpet that had become the same color as Boone's (because he is the reason it was that color!) We knew there was wood flooring (probably original to the house), but really didn't know what kind of shape it was in. It isn't perfect, but livable for now. We'll probably hire someone to come refinish it, unless we get some wild hair to take it on ourselves. Anyway, it has given the house a new feel.

This picture shows the carpet in its perma-dinge shade, but really doesn't do it justice. Alli and Boone have started to become buddies. Up until now, he has just ignored her. Now he is beginning to realize that she is a food source when she is sitting in her high chair and that she pets him more that either Dan or I do. Did anyone know that the red corrector on Photoshop won't fix the dog's glowing eyes?
4 comments:
I love the wood floor! Just a big rug in the middle and you're set.
Allison is more beautiful each time I see her picture.
Love & Hugs to all!
Grandma Sally
I think its great that you guys just did it yourself. Sometimes the hardest part is finding the motivation to do it! Once you start it usually isn't all that bad. Alli is so cute...and how fun that she and Boone are buddies. I know Fish loves our dogs!
The wood floor is beautiful! Great Job!
Alli is getting so big, What a Doll!!
Love you, and really miss all of you!
Grandma Linda
The wood floors are the best. You can see so much of both of you in this picture of Boone. I mean Alli.
:) Shannon
Post a Comment