Alli must have caught wind of Dora and has become quite an explorer. She is INTO EVERTHING! Ugh! I put up all the dangerous stuff months ago, but it is the ramdom stuff that I find laying all over the house, or better yet, trying to find my travel coffee mug as we are racing to get out the door on time! I finally broke out the screw gun and installed some of those latches on the drawers and cupboards. First of all, what a pain in the neck to install. I literally have a pain in the neck trying to contort my body into the right position to screw the tiny screws into the cupboard. After just a few cupboards, I took and break and did a web search for ANYTHING out there that looks simpler to install and (the most frustrating to me) less cumbersome to open. I search unveiled NOTHING. I guess that is the point; the kid not being able to open the cupboard. But can't it be easier for the adult?
Anyone out there have any innovative childproofing techniques? Or gotten a hold of some cool products?
2 comments:
Here is my big idea for the kitchen: move all the Tupperware to the bottom cupboard, move plastic measuring cups to the bottom drawer, you get the idea. Alli will have her own cooking area to play while Mom is in the kitchen and it distracts her from the other kitchen areas not so kid friendly. Just an idea...
DITTO... plus, if there is a cabinet that you just don't feel like letting her get into for a day, rubberband the handles together.
Post a Comment