Sunday, October 19, 2008

Yes, I would like some cheese with my whine.

My husband is sick of hearing me complain about being pregnant, so you are my next victim. I am publicly announcing that I am convinced this baby is a BOY! No, this is not confirmed by ultrasound. It is confirmed by the misery that I did NOT endure with my first pregnancy. My back aches, my legs and feet are swelling, my pubic bone is splitting apart...I could go on and on.
My attitude stinks and I am ready for this to be over! However, I still have 6 weeks to go.
Speak up mothers of more than one! Is this characteristic of a second pregnancy? This certainly is not the bliss I recall the first time around. Maybe that is just it! First time pregnant women get fooled with all the hype of becoming a new parent and are too busy buying all the crap recommended for new babies to notice what is going on with their body. It is all smoke and mirrors! The second time around, there is no hype. You know what to expect. You know what stuff you need. That leaves too much room to notice how uncomfortable carrying a child around in your abdomen really is. How much more "stretchy" your body is. How maternity clothing does nothing to make you feel good about your self. How heavy the 2 year old has become. How little your bladder holds.
I am too old for this.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Hey Shelly,
I am here to tell you that after having two boys, I can hardly remember being pregnant with either of them. Maybe that is the beauty of motherhood...not remembering all the uncomfortable things about being pregnant!!! I know that I was really ready to have Hazy (Fischer came a little early for that miserable feeling :)) at the time, but can you imagine that some day I want to have another??? :)

Allison said...

I'm glad we got to talk about this last night. :) Loved the holding hands photo at the zoo, and I think the artwork scanning is brilliant! I wish we had one, but we just "purge" E's art before trash day. Hey I've lost your card with your contact info, so I wanted to let you know the party is next Saturday. It will be 3:30- 4:30 at our house. Here is the list of donation items (and PLEASE don't feel like you need to bring anything, you don't)
Dog/Puppy Food
Cat/Kitten Food
Dog and Cat Toys
Dog Treats
Kitty Litter
Blankets
Towels
Hand Soap
Dish Soap
Bleach
Paper Towels
I'm sorry to post this as a blog comment, but I didn't know how else to let you know. I won't be offended if this doesn't get approval to be posted. :)

Shannon Nevin said...

Shelly, I hate to say it, but you're older - and I think that has a lot to do with it. Nicki (remember her?) had a terrible time with her last pregnancy, and she chalked it up to be more "mature". My pregnancies got harder with each one as well...it's just hard on your body! It's funny, I was convinced Dani was a girl because I was so EMOTIONAL. But, my pubic bone felt like it split with her, my legs swelled like no other, etc. And - I had her at 33.