I've been terrible about taking pictures the past couple of weeks. I did capture this one just so you can see what Alli is up to these days. Click once on the picture to get the full concept of how milk splatters when one shakes it out of her "leak-proof" sippy cup onto the tray and then slaps her hands into it. She is quite proud of herself. As am I.
In the past I have complained about Boone, the 10 year old black lab who sheds hair like a dried up Christmas tree in mid-January dropping needles all over the carpet . Despite his incessant look of despair because he doesn't get walked nearly as much as he would like (like everytime I go near the door) and his need to follow me around the house just in case I might open the door (yes, I have considered that he is trying to escape the hellish life he leads inside the air conditioned house), I have discovered a very redeeming and helpful quality he offers. For the amount of time I am required to spend vacuuming up fur balls that blow like tumbleweeds across the praire of hardwood floor and tile throughout the house, he saves me an equal amount of time otherwise spent cleaning up the floor under the high chair. Who'da thunk the dog and the baby have similar palates? Broccoli, cheerios, yogurt, milk, fruit snacks, goldfish crackers, green jello...you name it, he'll mop it up off the floor with his tongue. And considering I am a working Mom trying to do it all, a floor that is mopped with the tongue is as good as Spic 'n Span in my world. Thanks Boone. I'll try to be more sympathetic and walk you more.
Even if she doesn't learn a thing from it, I have a special place in my heart for this toy. I know all the songs and I have learned some Spanish from it too.
2 comments:
Shelly,
This post is great! I completely understand how wonderful dogs are when your child has covered the floor in food. :)
We let our dogs in to do the very same thing. Luckily for us, we can kick them outside so we don't have to pick up the fur balls. Fischer loves his music table...we have the same one. There are times when he prefers the spanish version and gets mad at me if I change it back! :)
Hear hear for dog mops!
Rory loved that table and now Jace does too. Its a keeper.
We think of you lots with Dan out and about, hope you're doing okay, hope he's doing okay too, probably missing you guys. Come and see us if you ever get lonely up there!
Post a Comment