Another week of summer GONE!!! We are trying to enjoy it before it gets away. I miss the days of summer vacation. Despite being victim to the year-round workforce for 10 years (yes count 'em 10 years), I still long for the 3 month vacation of my school days. Now that I am a parent, I finally get why so many of my college classmates became teachers. Nice hours and chunks of vacation!! I don't know about you other Moms out there, but never before has my imagination been so prompted to search out a job that provides flexibility and satisfaction, yet still pays worth a darn. I have yet to find it or actually start playing the lotto, but I dream about it.
Here is what we've been up to lately...
Alli has been growing some more blonde curls.
She has also transitioned nicely out of our bed and into her own crib. It was much less painful and involved fewer tears on both of our parts than I anticipated.
Sweet corn is ripe and abundant in Iowa. Summer just isn't summer until the corn is available! she nibbled a few kernels off on her own. She does better if I hold the cob for her and does even better yet if I just cut it off and she feeds herself.
4 comments:
Shelly,
Thank you for your posts! I always enjoy reading them. Alli is adorable...I love her curls. Also Fischer has started to transition to his own bed too. And it hasn't been too much of a fight. I guess all of our worries were not necessary. :)
Keep on postin' because we love 'em!
Ahhhh... beautiful curls, just like Mama.
ALSO - I am searching for that job as well. My Dan and I were thinking I would start working outside of the home again in a couple of years once all the kids were in school, but then we realized we want our kids to have Summers off like we did growing up! They can't do that if we're both working during the Summers!!! IF you find the perfect solution, let me know!
Alli, Aunt Lisa is so jealous that you are eating sweet corn! That is the part of my Illinois roots that I miss! Eat an ear for me, sweetie!
Shelly, I truly understand wanting summers off. Now that I have had my first official summer off... I could never go back! I want that for you and Alli!
Post a Comment