Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Yet another road trip

Alli and I packed up and headed East on I-80 until we reached South Bend, IN. This is the site of Dan's current rotation. We stayed for 2 1/2 days. He had only been there a week, so we used the time to explore the area. We visited Notre Dame University, which is as beautiful as everyone says it is. The Main Building. Such a plain name for such a beautiful building.

This is the Basilica of the Sacred Heart. A more aptly named building in my opinion. We wanted to tour this amazing church, but they were overrun with weddings. They have weddings scheduled at 9, 11, 1 and 3 on every Saturday except on home football game days. It is obvious which is more prosperous for the university.


This is the Grotto of our lady Lourdes. If I were Catholic, or knew more about the religion, I would probably understand what this is exactly. (I couldn't even get a straight answer after a brief Wikipedia check) Regardless, it is a peaceful place where I think people come to pray. There are a bunch of candles in the cave.

This is one of those seats one can strap to a chair in lieu of a high chair. Alli loves it because it is just her size and unlike her high chair, she can get in and out of it herself.

Fruit smoothies are her latest favorite food.

Her latest favorite activity is to empty the contents of Mommy's purse and wallet. She especially likes the debit card and cold hard cash. What can I say? She IS a girl.

3 comments:

Reluctant Kerry said...

Alli looks JUST like her mom in the booster seat picture. SO cute!

Kate said...

Shelly,
I keep thinking how hard it must be for your hubby and you to have to be away from each other. We are sure thinking of you guys and hopefully his traveling will come to an end soon. I loved all of the new pictures of your trip! Alli is getting SO big and I love her hair. I finally posted a blog post. Baby #2 is scheduled to be born on Wednesday...Wow is it already here...

Shannon Nevin said...

I was thinking the same thing - Alli is starting to look more and more like Mom!